Replacing a missing tooth would require high-level expertise - something that we prioritize in Ellis Dentistry. Dentists from all around the world agree that dental implants are the best replacement for missing natural teeth. Their strength, stability, and amazing aesthetics are some of the factors that make them highly sought-after.
A dental implant consists of a metal stud, which has screw-like grooves on its surface. It is the part of the implant that is inserted into the jawbone, due to which it stays hidden. A connecting element called the abutment would be placed on the implant. A ceramic crown, which is custom-fabricated, will be placed on the abutment and secured using dental adhesives. It serves as the replacement tooth structure and can be made to match the missing tooth perfectly.
How is an implant placed?
If you wish to get a dental implant, the dentist will conduct a thorough diagnosis when you visit our dental practice. During this, we will check for various factors, such as jawbone volume and size, spacing available for placing the implant, presence of any oral conditions such as gum diseases, the overall state of health, etc. Based on the observations, we will determine your candidacy for implants.
During the implant surgery, local anesthesia will be administered to numb the oral tissues before commencing the procedure. Once it takes effect, a small hole will be made in the jawbone using high-precision dental instruments. The metal stud will be placed in it and secured firmly using dental cement. A suitable healing period of a few months will be recommended by the dentist, during which the wound would heal, and the bone fuses with the metal implant.
During the new few appointments, the dentist will take digital impressions and fabricate a ceramic crown, which will be attached to the implant. The crown will be placed on the implant, checked for perfect fit and comfort, and any necessary changes will be made. It will be bonded permanently to the implant with the help of an abutment and dental adhesives. A bite test will be conducted to make sure the crown is aligned correctly. It may be polished to enhance aesthetics.
What are the advantages of dental implants?
- Implants are highly stable restorations as they are inserted into the jawbone and fixed firmly using dental adhesives.
- Since they are placed in the jawbone, the gap left by the missing tooth is filled. This keeps the remaining teeth from drifting from their positions, which avoids any bite issues as well.
- The implant crown can be custom-fabricated to match the exact appearance of the natural teeth. This keeps it under disguise, allowing you to smile without being too conscious of your appearance.
- Implants offer excellent durability and longevity. With optimum care, they last upwards of ten years without any hassle.
- They hold the jawbone intact and prevent its shrinkage. This prevents a change in the jawbone shape.
Ellis dentistry Co. provides high-quality dental implants in the area. Are you having a missing tooth/teeth? You are at the right place. In order to schedule an appointment with our top dentist in the town, please call us at (435) 628-6222, and visit our office at St. George, Utah. We will assist you further. We also serve areas of Middleton, Bloomington, Washington, and Santa Clara.